Monday, May 23, 2011

6,500 in sight



1972 American Motors Technical Manual on Ebay


I got up to 6,496 listings in my Store tonight. I should knock out a few more just to say I've hit the 6,500 mark for the first time, but the camera battery needs charged, and I need sleep. Pretty much anything I hit now is a new milestone -- I got just over 6,200 before I started acting in those plays this winter, and then dipped down below 5,800 for a while before rebounding.

It's all arbitrary, really, but it's nice to have some kind of signpost that says we're getting the backlog of stuff posted. We're seeing a corresponding rise in sales, and a fair bit of stuff selling more quickly as we constantly improve our listings, our pricing and our overall sense of what's worth selling.

Today was vintage cookbooks and shop manuals. Tomorrow we'll knock out more technical manuals like the one above, and start on a couple boxes of TI 99/4A computer gear. Later in the week, a big bin of old plush toys and board games. It's always interesting as hell, seeing what turns up and who wants it.

Okay, sleep time.

No comments: